Saturday, April 14, 2012

Busyness......

Have to ask myself if that is even a word?  I need a word for when I take on too many projects, none of which I can even devote the right amount of time to.  

Started a garden and apparently I have waited way too long for the veggies that I planted.....  {sigh} I wish I did not jump in with both eyes closed..... but the spot is brown and has been for over a year... 

This is the view from my back door..... Very brown.... pretty blah..... 
So we bought some pretty color and decided that maybe some veggies would be a good idea.....



 I have wanted to add color and decided that I could do that and make it worthwhile... or at least try.  So when it is harvest time - I will let you know if I was just too late or not!  We have also planted four Hibiscus shrubs.....  they do pretty well here in the Southwest Desert.... so keeping my green thumbs crossed and hoping for the best!!!  We were supposed to get some rain - but it really did not amount to much.... so the red watering can has come in very very handy.  It was a gift from my husband last summer....  He is such a great man.... (he also bought me a brand new bike last night - but we will save that for another post!)  

We have carpeted stairs and they are hard, hard, hard to clean.....

 so we pulled the carpet and cleaned the wood but that is as far as we got. 

 Thank goodness we have such great landlords..... they are happy with us doing a project or two...  Anyway, in the very very near future..... I plan to fill in the holes, sand, and paint the wooden stairs and then tile the very top stair....  


Learned to poach an egg.... my inspiration was first given by Lucy at Attic 24.  But I received from fresh eggs from my parents.... so that was just the little nudge I needed to plunge one into a gentle boil..... am I ever glad that I did!  
 Pretty awesome I must say!  Very yummy...... Empty plate to prove it.... 

Have lots of craft projects going - but no pictures yet....  a baby blanket to donate, cards, cards, and more cards..... (I never got around to making Easter cards this year which is just a shame).  Also working on projects I found on Pinterest.....  

All of this also goes hand in hand with joining Sandra over at Cherry Heart for Pretty Crafty Home project.... (you can just click on that awesome button over on the side).

I have to admit that this week was not a stellar one where that silly thing called a "job" is concerned.... but when I was added to the side bar at Cherry Heart - well - that just made my week....  It was a definite boost for me.....

ahhhhh.......... busyness......   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....