Saturday, August 11, 2012

Finally...... but not yet.....

Oh life has been busy.....  and I am not so oblivious (well, okay - I have been known to be a bit clueless - but not about this) to believe that I am the only one in this whole wide world that is busy...... and I know that my busyness is a bit different than others!  

Okay that being said, I have been busy with my very first ever in my entire life ever...... drum roll please....... QUILT TOP!   Yay!  I finally did it.  You can ask any one of my kids and they will tell you that all they have ever heard me whine talk about is learning to quilt and make quilts.....  Okay - that is a mistake - my kids heard rules, love, rules, encouragement, rules, my mistakes, love, rules..... all the stuff that they needed to hear and learn while I had the honor of being their mom..... but when I talked about myself.....they heard all about the quilts.  

So it is pretty awesome that I finally was able to follow through with something they heard me say I wanted to learn. (Oh no - they are all grown and I have another life lesson for them!)  

Now...... I have taken pictures of this first time ever quilt top and I promise to post them.....  so that is why this is the "Finally..... but not yet....." post.  I have to download the pictures and I need a little bit of time and I do not have it today..... yes, busyness again.  

You see, since I was spending A LOT of time on the first time ever quilt top (and a trip to San Diego in the mix) - I let other things go...... like laundry, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, grocery shopping, dusting, window washing.... you get the picture.... some of the yuckiness of life.....  and I also let my card sending, letter writing and blog posting get away from me.... these are the much better things in life.....  

So between the bathroom scrub down and the folding of the laundry (oh yeah, and washing the fabric for the quilt backing and binding!!!!!) I wanted to write a blog post....  

I have made so many new friends from the July Blog Party hosted by the lovely Karen Valentine..... so I wanted to touch base with you all and hopefully tomorrow I will find a little time to upload pictures... and if something of the yuckiness of life does not get done.... then......... 

Oh well. 

3 comments:

  1. Yea!!! Congrats, can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey! I'm so glad you made some new friends through the party! That's what it's all for right?? Thanks for your sweet comment. I know you are really busy, but let me know when you find some time. I would love to get together for lunch or something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....