Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another First.....

First attempt at a mug mat..... 

The pattern is from The Teacher's Pet called "Coffee, Tea, or ?" from their Simple Pleasures line.  

I picked up some soft Fall color fabric at last year's shop hop and just was not sure what I was going to do with it.... When I saw this pattern - I knew this fabric would be PERFECT....  

Plus I really really wanted to work on binding... and again this is just perfect.  

So I need to work on "squaring up" and binding.... but I think these little guys are just the thing to help me build up those skills. 


So I am off to work on some of these mug mats.....  maybe they will be good enough for Christmas presents. 

If so - I will be ticking another goal off my summer list.  

2 comments:

  1. i MADE ONE TOO AND IT DOESN'T LAY REAL SQUARE AFTER i DID THE BINDING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo... thanks Terry - I have made a couple more - just shy of the final binding... I have a feeling that they are not going to be very square either... I do not feel so alone now. Thanks for sharing that with me! By the way - I love the machine quilting you did on the bird and fruit panel.. . I love the idea of outlining.... Brilliant idea!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....