Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Table Runner Mania

Working on a table runner for Christmas. Took the wonky star block and reduced it down to a 6 1/2 square.... (math is not a strong point for me - so pretty happy!)  Took the Which Ways North flying geese paper piecing block... added a trunk and then made a Christmas tree out of it!  

Love these colors....  

Isn't the fabric for the trees awesome?  The tree looks like it has Christmas ornaments and/or lights on it!  Love!  I even like the chunky tree trunk.  So...... 

.......in cutting mode right now.  


I wrote down all the pieces to cut for each tree and star block.  I think I have figured out the design.... (thinking about changing a color combination....)  

The only problem is that I did not calculate how much fabric would be needed.... so even if I write a pattern - I cannot say how much fabric to have.... so lesson learned.....  take better notes!  

Or a even better lesson learned....  

A girl can never have too much fabric!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....