Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fabulous 50 and Flying Geese!

What has happened since my last post? 

Turned 50.....  

started a Flying Geese quilt top 


Wanted to change up the pattern a bit so a few calculations on how much fabric to cut had to be done.  The original pattern is based on a scrappy design.... I only want to use two fabrics - a fun purple and pink poppy flower design and a white on white...
 Think I got it 
Really had to refresh my memory because it is has been nearly a year since I made a quilt top from the pattern.  Here is the finished top....  Okay, actually it is not finished.  I still need to do the applique.
So it took an entire evening and nearly two episodes of Last Tango in Halifax.... but we are on our way! 
 My sweet family threw me a surprise birthday party for my Big 5-0!  My youngest came up with the idea and spearheaded the whole thing..... she had the help of her dad, her sister and my friend.  They all pulled off a huge surprise for me and I cannot think of a better way to ring in my Year of Jubilee!  


My friends and family know me very well and I am truly blessed!   

50 and Flying Geese.... pretty fabulous

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....